I will be selling PDF versions of my books in The Book Store for a dollar per download starting September 5th. These will be coming straight from me with no middle man and no outside publisher, so I have complete control. Expect sales in the future.
I decided to do this because I was a bit tired of my books being more expensive than I thought they should be. I will still sell through the other places, mostly so I can still offer nook and kindle versions for those who can only use those types of books. The paperbacks I don't have much choice right now since I can't find a place to sell them cheaper. I'm working on it.
I chose PDF because I can protect myself some with embedded security, and mostly because everyone with online access can read PDFs. Free PDF readers can be found everywhere online including Adobe, Evince, Nitro, and many more. Also most e-readers can already read PDFs. I wanted to make it as easy for you as possible.
Side Note: My spell-check is acting up. Please disregard any misspelling here. The darn thing is changing what I type and misspelling things itself. Maybe it had a heatstroke.
Anyway, My store officially opens on September 5th, though you can already buy the books there in other formats. The PDF versions may be working now, though I'm unsure if I've gotten the kinks worked out yet. I can promise things will be working properly by Sept. 5th. As always questions and comments are welcome. You will find updated contact information on the Contact Me page. If you have any problems with your purchase, please let me know.
I decided to do this because I was a bit tired of my books being more expensive than I thought they should be. I will still sell through the other places, mostly so I can still offer nook and kindle versions for those who can only use those types of books. The paperbacks I don't have much choice right now since I can't find a place to sell them cheaper. I'm working on it.
I chose PDF because I can protect myself some with embedded security, and mostly because everyone with online access can read PDFs. Free PDF readers can be found everywhere online including Adobe, Evince, Nitro, and many more. Also most e-readers can already read PDFs. I wanted to make it as easy for you as possible.
Side Note: My spell-check is acting up. Please disregard any misspelling here. The darn thing is changing what I type and misspelling things itself. Maybe it had a heatstroke.
Anyway, My store officially opens on September 5th, though you can already buy the books there in other formats. The PDF versions may be working now, though I'm unsure if I've gotten the kinks worked out yet. I can promise things will be working properly by Sept. 5th. As always questions and comments are welcome. You will find updated contact information on the Contact Me page. If you have any problems with your purchase, please let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment